Broun to Host North Georgia Grants & Small Business Expo
Jul 30, 2012 -
U.S. Representative Paul Broun, M.D. (GA-10) today announced that he will host a Grants and Small Business Expo from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15th at the North Georgia Technical College Currahee Campus. The expo will provide individuals who are seeking grant funding and business loans the opportunity to talk with government representatives about the application process and their programs.
“Whether you’re a small business owner or representative for a nonprofit or municipality, this free expo is designed to provide you with tips and tools to help you succeed,” said Broun. “It is a great way to network with state and federal representatives and learn valuable information for your business or project.”
The following agencies will provide presentations throughout the day:
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
· Georgia Department of Community Affairs
· Georgia Department of Community Affairs Appalachian Regional Commission
· Georgia Department of Community Affairs Housing Finance Division
· Georgia Emergency Management Agency
· Georgia Student Finance Commission
· Georgia Tech Procurement Assistance Center
· The Foundation Center
· UGA Small Business Development Center
· U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development
· U.S. Department of Education
· U.S. Department of the Interior
· U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
· U.S. Small Business Administration
The expo will take place in the Conference Center of the North Georgia Technical College Currahee Campus at 8989 Highway 17 South in Toccoa.
• From I-85 (exit 173), head north on GA-17 N/ Jones St.
Continue to follow GA-17 N for approximately 7.3 miles.
• Right after you pass Confidence Uniterest Church on the right with a white fenced cemetery, the tall brick sign for North Georgia Technical College will be on your right.
• Turn right at the sign, onto Marie Lane.
• Follow signs to entrance.
From Banks County/Commerce
• Follow signs to merge onto I-85 N. Continue on I-85 N for 23.6 miles
• Take Exit 173 for GA-17 toward Lavonia/Toccoa
• Turn left onto GA-17 N/Jones St.
Continue on GA-17 N for 7.3 miles.
• The brick sign for North Georgia Technical College will be on the right, right after you pass Confidence United Methodist Church with a white fenced cemetery.
• Turn right at the brick sign onto Marie Lane. Follow signs to entrance.
From Towns County/ Rabun County
• From Clayton, head south on GA-15 S/ US-23 S/ US-441 S for approximately 22.4 miles (about 20 minutes)
• Turn left at lighted intersection (beside BP) onto GA-17 S/ Toccoa Hwy
• Turn left again onto GA-17 S/ GA-365 N/ US-123 N
Continue on GA-17 S for 11.3 mi
• When it dead-ends into Big-A Road, turn right to stay on GA-17 S.
Continue on GA-17 S for 4.9 miles.
• Turn left on Marie Lane, marked by a brick North Georgia Tech sign.
• If you pass Confidence United Methodist Church (brick church with steeple) on the left with a white fenced cemetery, you have gone too far.
This event is free and open to the public; no registration is required. For more information, please call (706) 447-3857 or email Caitlin.Posey@mail.house.gov.